Guest Post – SLIDE by Michelle Congdon
Slide by Michelle Congdon
After surviving a horrific car accident that claimed the lives of her mother and brother, Evangeline made a promise to herself to never go back to the city filled with the memories of her tragic past. But when her estranged father suddenly falls ill, she has no choice but to return to New York and to the life she spent twelve years trying to avoid.
Since the accident, heiress to the multi-billion dollar Montgomery Empire, Evangeline has always feared the media attention that comes with having the Montgomery name and would immediately give it all up if it meant the chance to bring back her loved ones. Delicate and camera shy, the last person she should have on her mind is a type of guy like Ryan Fox.
Witty, extremely arrogant but undeniably good-looking are only a few words Evangeline can use to describe the New York Yankee’s hot-shot. The notorious bad boy― well-versed at playing the game both on and off the field― isn’t fazed about the media circus following his every move and couldn’t be anymore different to the quiet, shy girl that she is. So, what does a guy like him see in somebody as messed-up as her? And although everything about Ryan screams trouble with a capital T, why can’t Evangeline seem to stay away? It’s not until they’re away from the cameras that Evangeline begins to see the real man hiding behind the cocky facade- one that’s hurt and haunted by a dark and terrible secret.
What will happen once Evangeline finds the courage to reveal what really happened on the evening her mother and brother died? And how will she react when she finally learns the truth about Ryan’s chilling past? Will baring their deepest secrets bring them closer together or will it tear them apart and have them sliding into darkness all over again?
About the Author
Michelle Congdon resides in Sydney, Australia. She has a Dalmatian named Jett, who to this day continues to hold an 8 year grudge against her after she had to leave him with her parents when she moved to the big city- this only proves animals are much like their owners. Michelle enjoys reading books of all sorts of genre’s, watching way too many movies and TV shows (and Disney cartoons), singing out aloud to her favorite hits and going on adventures involving food and travel. Michelle is loud, talks a lot and shares an ever-growing list of fictional husbands with a friend. From when she was a small girl, she has always had an overactive imagination and has tried to put it to good use by sharing her stories with anyone willing to listen.
TOP 5 things I love about my characters.
- I love, love, LOVE the relationship between Evangeline and her brother, Connor. Growing up, I wished for an older brother and I always pictured our relationship to be very similar to what Evangeline and Connor share. He is fiercely protective of his younger sister, but still allows Evangeline to do things on her own. She looks up to him and admires him. Apart from her grandparents, Connor has been the rock in her life.
- Annabelle and Ryan’s relationship. Just like above, they have a big brother/ little sister bond that I am very envious of. Ryan is protective of all his sisters but especially Annabelle, as she is the youngest. The two often tease one another in a playful way.
- Despite the demons Evangeline and Ryan face, I love the strength they have to continue on. The way they each deal with their serious issues is different— Evangeline hides from hers, while Ryan chooses to ignore his —but they don’t let it consume them entirely.
- I love Ryan. Full stop. He’s cocky, he’s witty but he’s also a good guy. I love the unconditional love he has for his family and the fact he just doesn’t care about what anybody thinks of him.
- And lastly, number five has to go to Gabriella, Gabby, Ryan’s older sister by one year. She is probably a lot similar to me than any of the others. She’s fiercely protective of her loved ones, and even though she sometimes goes about it the wrong way, she means well. That’s what I love about her. I think she deserves to have a happy ending 😉
And there we go guys. I hope you enjoyed it M xx