The Professional Freelancer by Rory Scherer


 
22430171
 
BLURB:
 
After being laid off at my latest company that fell victim to insider fraud, and the job market at its lowest point in years, I decided to follow the advice of my self-made millionaire friend and become ‘The Professional Freelancer’. Spiraling out of control, I found myself involved in several extremely dangerous situations that strangely all seem to be connected involving the mafia, a Korean street gang, a white-collar crime, and masterminding the annual euchre championships at a senior citizens retirement home.

The Professional Freelancer is a humorous ebook that was not written in a traditional format. It was written from the protagonist’s point-of-view. He is talking directly to you; the reader.

I hope you have as much fun reading The Professional Freelancer as I did writing it.
—-
MY REVIEW OF MY OWN E-BOOK: 5 out of 5 stars!!!

This review is in no way biased…and when I state ‘is in no way’ I mean it is completely biased as I am the author.

The Professional Freelancer is the awesomest e-book is the history of the universe…plain and simple. It appeals to anyone who, at some low point in their life, has taken on a job that they hate. Which I believe is 99% of us (and the other 1% are probably lying…but I digress).

I love the style in which it was written…cudos to the author…in that I felt like the protagonist was talking directly to me making it a much more intimate experience…slow down there, I mean a much more intimate reading experience. I wasn’t referring to one of Will’s moments alone with his computer – Will being one of the supporting characters.

On a more serious note, The Professional Freelancer’s underlying themes tackle some important issues such as the 1% versus the 99% and its ripple effects, the value of friendship, and without even realizing it until I finished reading the e-book – how everyone, and I mean everyone, has some level of prejudice in them. If you thought The Usual Suspects or The Sixth Sense had a great ending, The Professional Freelancer will blow you away, not literally of course as it is only $0.99 and typically those types of servi…I think I’ll stop and get back to my point which is once I finished reading (or should I say writing?) The Professional Freelancer, it helped me realize my own prejudices. I dare anyone to read it and honestly state that once they clue into the twist that I am referring to, it did not reveal their own prejudices and pre-judgments.

And for those of you who know me, this is a work of fiction. I did not write about my own experiences…or did I? Hmmmmmmmmm…

 

22430171

 


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s